Truly great customer service requires a lot of forethought, planning, and patience. The arena of supporting your customers has many layers and can be tricky to master without the right approach. Here are five of the best customer service and support tips.
1. Be available. Customers in this day and age don’t wait for anybody, and they don’t do second chances, either. Make sure you and your team keep organized and never let a deadline pass. Returning customer support inquiries and communications in a timely manner can mean the difference between a happy customer and a dropped sale.
2. Be human. Customers don’t want to talk to a machine. As much as is possible, eradicate the dicey system of questions and button-punching that your customers have to do to get to your support. Offering a full suite of self-help tools is a wonderful idea, but forcing your customers to use them instead of offering a real person’s assistance is not.
3. Be efficient. First call resolution is a big deal. Getting through to the core of the issue and finding the correct solution should be as easy as picking up the phone. The key to getting those prized first call resolutions is to ensure that your team has the tools they need to succeed—a broad, searchable knowledge base, a reliable customer relationship management (CRM) system, and a strong management team are some good items to start out with.
4. Be honest. Customers are people. Building a trusting relationship with another person means honesty, reliability, and positivity. A customer who can hear the honesty coming across the line is a customer who is much more likely to be pleasant and trust your business practices, making their lives easier and making your job easier, too.
5. Be consistent. Enforcing service level agreements, communicating openly with your customers and your crew, and providing the same sort of care across a multichannel customer support system will make your customers feel like they are in excellent hands. When you can prove that you are organized and dependable, your relationship with your buyers will improve dramatically, as will the number of people looking to buy your product as your reputation grows.
With PhaseWare’s steadfast, powerful customer support software at your back, mastering the art of perfect customer service will be well within your company’s grasp. Contact us today to get more details on what our software can do for you!